12" Side Hung Window Friction Hinges (pair)
- WINDOW HINGE S 12
- In Stock
- Exc. VAT: £4.14
This is the 12 inch version of the side hung window friction hinge. These come in a pair and are suited to most types of windows.
If you have uPVC, timber, or aluminium double glazed windows then improve your windows with new friction hinges or repair them with our robust quality British Standard tested uPVC window friction hinges also known as friction stays.
Window hinges or friction hinges are found on all uPVC type double glazed windows (not suitable for wooden windows with butt hinges).
Standard window friction hinge will replace most old and new uPVC window friction hinges with an 18mm track width. Got the old version window friction hinges with a 15mm track width? - please enquire with sizes.
Replace your side hung windows with fire-escape (egress/easy clean) uPVC window friction hinges! These open out the window to a full opening, and slide the full window to centre for easy cleaning.
Change your old uPVC window friction hinges with restricted window friction hinges that have an inbuilt catch for release! Ideal for improving window safety particularly where small children are present. Replace's most friction hinges and window stays used over the years.
Other window friction hinges available are listed below:-
- 8" Top Hung Window Hinges
- 10" Top Hung Window Hinges
- 12" Top Hung Window Hinges / Side Hung Window Hinges / Egress Window Hinges
- 16" Top Hung Window Hinges / Side Hung Window Hinges / Egress Window Hinges
- 20" Top Hung Window Friction Hinges / Top Hung Restrictor Window Hinges
- 24" Top Hung Window Hinges / Top Hung Restrictor Window Hinges
Top hung or side hung window hinges explained:-
A side hung window has hinges fixed to the top and bottom of the window and a top hung hinge has its hinges fixed to the sides of the window.
Or more simply a top hung window pivots from the top of the window with the handle at the bottom of the window and a side hung window pivots from the side of the window with the handle at the side of the window.
How to identify the correct type of window hinges that meet your requirements for your windows:-
Step 1:- Identify the required window hinge stack height.
To measure the stack height of an existing window hinge. With the window hinge fully closed so that all of the arms are stacked on top of each other, measure from the bottom arm of the window hinge to the top arm of the window hinge. This measurement is the stack height.
The standard stack heights for window hinges are 13mm and 17mm.
Step 2:- Identify the type of window hinge required.
Different types of window hinge are available for different purposes, the main types are:-
- Standard: Window hinges or window friction hinges for use on side hung and top hung casement windows.
- Egress Easy Clean: Window hinges or window friction hinges with a wide opening angle for emergency exit. Allows casement windows to satisfy the emergency exit requirements of Approved Document B of the Building Regulations and also incorporates an easy-clean position for safe cleaning of the glass from the inside.
- Restricted: Window hinges or window friction hinges with a built in restrictor to restrict openings to a maximum of 100mm for child safety.
All images are for reference purposes only and can show multiple dimensions of a single product so you can see the product from different angles. This does not usually mean the amount shown in the image is the amount you purchase. Where multiple items are shown please check the description as only one is usually supplied unless otherwise stated.