16" Side Hung Restrictor Window Friction Hinges (pair)
- WINDOW HINGE SR 16
- In Stock
- Exc. VAT: £8.69
This is the 16 inch version of the side hung restrictor window friction hinge. These come in a pair and are suited to most types of windows.
If you have uPVC or aluminium double glazed windows then improve your window friction hinges or repair them with our robust quality British Standard tested uPVC window friction hinges / friction stays.
Friction hinges or friction stays are found on all uPVC type double glazed windows (not suitable for wooden windows with butt hinges).
Standard window friction hinge will replace most old and new uPVC window friction hinges with an 18mm track width. Got the old version window friction hinges with a 15mm track width? - please enquire with sizes.
Replace your side hung windows with fire-escape (egress/easy clean) uPVC window friction hinges! These open out the window to a full opening, and slide the full window to centre for easy cleaning.
Change your old uPVC window friction hinges with restricted window friction hinges that have an inbuilt catch for release! Ideal for improving window safety particularly where small children are present. Replace's most friction hinges and window stays used over the years.
Other window friction hinges available are listed below:-
- 8" Top Hung Window Friction Hinges
- 10" Top Hung Window Friction Hinges
- 12" Top Hung Window Friction Hinges / Side Hung Window Friction Hinges / Egress Window Friction Hinges
- 16" Top Hung Window Friction Hinges / Side Hung Window Friction Hinges / Egress Window Friction Hinges
- 24" Top Hung Window Friction Hinges / Top Hung Restrictor Window Friction Hinges
Top hung or side hung friction hinge explained:-
A side hung has hinges fixed to the top and bottom and a top hung hinge has its hinges fixed to the sides left ot right side.
Or more simply a top hung pivots from the top with the handle at the bottom and a side hung pivots from the side with the handle at the side of the window.
How to identify the correct type of friction stay window hinges for your windows:-
Step 1:- Identify the required friction stay stack height.
To measure the stack height of an existing friction stay.
With the friction stay fully closed so that all of the arms are stacked on top of each other, measure from the bottom arm of the stay to the top arm. This measurement is the stack height.
The standard stack heights for friction stays are 13mm and 17mm.
Step 2:- Identify the type of friction stay required.
Different types of friction stays are available for different purposes, the main types are:-
- Standard: Standard stays for use on side hung and top hung casement windows.
- Egress Easy Clean: Friction stays with a wide opening angle for emergency exit. Allows casement windows to satisfy the emergency exit requirements of Approved Document B of the Building Regulations and also incorporates an easy-clean position for safe cleaning of the glass from the inside.
- Restricted: Friction stays with a built in restrictor to restrict openings to a maximum of 100mm for child safety.
All images are for reference purposes only and can show multiple dimensions of a single product so you can see the product from different angles. This does not usually mean the amount shown in the image is the amount you purchase. Where multiple items are shown please check the description as only one is usually supplied unless otherwise stated.